Google Analytics code

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Aesthetics, Design & Branding: Week 3

Not so good!

a) http://www.tectorch.com

1. Lacks organization
2. May have trouble finding what I want to buy. There is no shopping cart and doesn't present itself like a reputable company.
3. The aesthetics of the page are bland and boring, It's outdated!

By having a cleaner looking website with a simple shopping cart widget, shoppers will feel more confident buying from this store.  This would help shoppers deal with confusing details that they have to scroll through to find the product they are looking for!

b) http://www.headhunterhairstyling.com/

1. Seriously outdated website design. The background picture repeats itself a million times and makes me dizzy!
2. Their "stylist and personnel page" gave me the bare minimum information. It would be nice to click on a stylist's name and read more about them and some of the work they do.
3. Pictures on the site are of different sizes, totally random, and take forever to load.

This website needs to be completely redesigned from the very beginning. They need a solid plan of what they want to portray to their visitors and convince them to want to come to their salon. I felt like I was looking at a page made in 1995 (especially with the cheesy GIFs). Simple HTML code was used and the design was not cohesive. I would not go to that salon!!


The good ones!

a. www.ford.com

1. Cohesive and clean design. I can almost immediately find what I am looking for and I know what this company is selling.
2. It is clear where I can find contact information and find the local dealer. I don't need to search for more than a few seconds to find the information,
3. The images are clear and look beautiful.

Aesthetics, design, and branding absolutely make or break my impression of the company. If they have a desire to make themselves look good to the public and to demonstrate why I should choose them out of any other company, I am willing to hear them out. I need to see that they can deliver what I am looking for.

b. www.toyota.com
1. The design flows very nicely and the drop down menus are organized to where I can find what I am looking for.
2. All contact information is easily accessible. 
3. I like that the graphics are clean and that they are interactive, it really shows off the product they are offering. I like that their aesthetically pleasing products are the first thing you see when you go to the page.

Same thing as ford.com. If I didm;t know what this company offered, I would know immediately as soon as I see their home page. Their graphics tell me that they put hard work into showing off their product and all of the information on their website shows that they can be trustworthy. 



2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you! These websites that are outdated and confusing make it almost impossible to for cutomers to navigate the company pages. However, it´s the complete opposite when the websites are simple and easy to navigate - customers respond positively. Great points!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree with your choices for bad design and good design. Too much information on a page, wierd backgrounds and lack of organization make for a bad website. Toyota and Ford do it right. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete