Google Analytics code

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Personal Social Media vs. Business Social Media

So this topic of distinguishing the two was a little challenging for me. I don't feel that it is so much black and white when it comes to which social media sites are geared towards an individual's personal life, or if it is geared more for business marketing.
I think that LinkedIn is one that is geared more for business, to connect with colleagues, and job opportunities. On the other end of the spectrum, Facebook is a place for friends and acquaintances to connect and share photos. However, businesses market themselves with paid advertisements as well as organic hits to the content they post.
Each site has their share of business mixed with personal. From my own experience, I use Instagram as my social media go-to for my personal account AND my business account. Instagram has been a huge asset to my business and love that both personal profiles and business profiles will connect with my business page. See for yourself! instagram: @bloombabes

2 comments:

  1. I believe we see much of this the same way. I see Facebook as a personal social media outlet. However, many of the emails I receive come to me with a business link to a Facebook page. I'm not going to make a business my friend, but I will view their page.

    I suppose this class will expose me to instagram, which is a social media site that I have never been on. You won't be the only one challenged by the assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, I am in the same boat lol. There weren't many personal computers when I was in school and this way of communicating and marketing is so different. I agree that LinkedIn seems to be strictly Business whereas the others could be both. We'll get to the bottom of it all soon! Good luck with Bloombabes!

    ReplyDelete