Google Analytics code

Friday, May 15, 2015

Week 14: More Social Strategy, part 1

It was really great taking a look at so many different social media platforms and learning their differences. From the very beginning of this class, I had the impression that Instagram would be our most successful social media platform, and its been growing more and more every day. My business relies on photographs to display our work. What better social media avenue than instagram, which is purely visual! People scroll through their feeds looking at hundreds and thousands of photos every day. 

I have found it much harder to post an engaging photo on Instagram when I am scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to find a good photo of our work. On days where we are prepping for an event or on the day of the event, we are much more excited to post and show new content. The captions come easier and interesting hashtags do too! 
I really like the fact that I can post both on instagram and Facebook simultaneously. This is something I can do everyday, and in fact, I make sure I post at least twice a day. When I have time, I will share with Facebook things that I am not sharing on Instagram, and vice versa. 

Because we get new content at least once a week, I end up posting on a whim, rather than a scheduled post. I tend to think more in the moment (and sometimes procrastinate!) which makes instagram a great platform for me to work with, since I can come up with something to post in 5-10 minutes. It still works on a much less frequent time schedule as well, because all of my earlier and older posts are easy to access so people can still see them and like them without having to scroll through pages. 

1 comment:

  1. Angie,
    I love your social media posts on your business. Especially with your Instagram, your pictures are spot on in catching my eye as well as begin to make think how I could use the arrangements you have made! I also enjoy using Instagram because of the ease of the integration between twitter and Facebook and can post form Instagram so that my whole audience can know what I'm doing and reach out the different people that make up my audience. You have done and awesome job and your pictures are quite artistic. I think that occasionally you should post pictures and organize it as a behind the scenes type of album. This would be helpful because we get to see and your staff and the steps you take to make your creations so awesome!

    ReplyDelete